Lucy Pop’s top 10 trends for Fall 2012
Fall is officially here and the Lucy Pop team is completely inspired by all the new fashion, hair,and makeup looks. We’ve been pouring over every major fashion mag’s September issues and all the images from New York Fashion Week’s Fall 2012 runway shows. Find out what our favorite trends from the season are by reading our Top 10 list and be sure to check out our latest Fall hair & makeup Pinterest boards!
Lucy Pop Hair Salon’s Top 10 Trends for Fall 2012
10. Jewel Tone Smokey Eyes
- Smokey eyes in shades of emerald, amethyst, citrine, and sapphire were all over the Fall 2012 runways. We think it’s a great way to give a fresh feeling to the classic smokey eye look. Be sure to prime your lids with a great eyeshadow primer like Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Potion to keep your peepers from fading into the night, and BLEND, BLEND, BLEND to keep the edges soft!
- Get out your teasing combs, because we noticed a lot of big hair. We love this 60′s inspired interpretation with a smoother surface. This is a great look for any kind of special event from a cocktail party to a wedding, just choose your favorite way to wear it… down and full, pinned up in the back, or tie a headband on it!
8. Hot Color Alert – Oxblood!
One color in particular kept showing up on the runways, in all of the September issues, and even on lips… Oxblood! It’s deeper then red and less purple than bordeaux. Major designers like YSL, Alexander Wang, Rodarte, and Peter Som (just to name a few) all used oxblood as a major color in their Fall 2012 collections, and we’re even seeing it in the accessory world on shoes and bags. At least one item in your closet this season needs to be in oxblood, or at the very least get a great lipstick and nail polish in this shade.
7. Geometric Eyeliner
- Eyeliner this season turns bold and graphic. From sketched on lashes to geometric shapes to full on winged cat eyes in bold colors, it’s time to get artistic and have a little fun! Super sharp pencils work best for the sketched looks and bolder shapes and wings need liquid or gel formulas. Some of our favorites include Urban Decay’s 24/7 eyeliners and Lime Crime’s liquid eyeliners. Both brands have a crazy awesome selection of colors, and are vegan & cruelty-free. We think parties, concerts, and nights out are the best events for this fun trend!
6. Icy Blondes
- Guess what blondies? This Fall it’s all about cooling it off, not going darker! From icy platinums to beige and wheat tones, blondes get a little ashier instead of deeper. After summer’s harsh sun, we’re sure you’re bleached out, dried out, and brassy… so be sure to book an appointment with a Lucy Pop stylist to refresh, moisturize, and cool-off your blonde locks to the perfect tone.
5. Hair Accessories
- Exposed bobby pins, jeweled headbands, leather barrettes, oooh and what about those Rodarte star hair clips? Hair accessories are having a moment and we predict this trend is going to carry straight through the Fall/Winter season into Spring 2013. So start investing in hair accessories from simple headbands to pieces that are more intricate and jeweled so you can tie it back, pin it up, and decorate it.
4. Shorter, Blunter Bangs
- We love a good fringe, especially in the fall months. Bangs can give your cut a major update without having to loose any precious length, and they always put major focus on your best feature… your eyes! This Fall bangs are shorter – from right above the brows to mid forehead for the daring, and blunt. No soft fringy pieces here, solid is the way to go. Shorter, blunter bangs mean pro bang trims are essential for upkeep, so don’t forget Lucy Pop Salon gives complimentary bang trims to all our existing clients.
- Brunettes are definitely having a moment right now. We’ve seen so many ultra rich midnight browns and mochas to lighter versions in sable and chestnut. Deep, rich brunette hair is the perfect accent to the color palette for Fall 2012′s wardrobe, and one common thread between brunettes and their blonde sisters this season are the cool undertones. If you’ve been toying with the idea of heading over to the dark side, then we have to say… do it now!
2. Low-volume hair
- Hair is taking on a new shape for Fall 2012. It has become more matte with natural texture. It’s less beachy and less full. Beauty editors are calling it “low-volume hair” and we loving this fresh take on hair. The key is to keep your roots smooth and flat and let your ends take on soft, natural movement. Blow dry your hair with a paddle brush and a smoothing blow-dry lotion to keep down the volume. Then use a large barreled curling iron and a matte finish texture spray to add a little movement towards the mid shaft of your hair while keeping the very ends a little bit straight.
1. The 90′s
- A lot of the Fall 2012 fashion, hair, and makeup trends are making us a little nostalgic… for the 90′s! The deep lips, low-volume hair, smokey eyes, and grunge fashion influences have given us a complete Kate Moss + Johnny Depp obsession. Check out our new 90′s Grunge Pinterest board to soak up a little 90′s love!